Optimizing Your Website and Landing Pages for Success
For many business owners, knowing the best way to leverage your online presence is an uphill battle.
However, the opportunity is significant and digital marketing presents great opportunity to enhance your brand and generate new or better leads. There are several variables to be aware of that, when used together as a best practice, can help your company get great results such as number of sign ups or e-commerce sales on your website or landing page.
Make sure content is relevant
1. The relevancy of targeting, communication and messaging is an important touchpoint in your users’ journey.
2. If a user has engaged with your digital marketing assets such as a banner ad or a text ad that appears anywhere on the web, the user expects to see the same product or service highlighted on the landing page that was associated with your messaging.
Provide a smooth user experience from ad copy to a landing page
1. A landing page designed for paid marketing efforts typically should be simple and without too many distractions as that can lower your conversion rates. If a user has too many options they may not select the one you hoped they would.
2. Analyze if you need to remove navigation features from the page, maybe your page is not responsive; perhaps it is too slow to load; or maybe the contact us form is too low on the page?
Monitor results from your different marketing channels whether display (banner ads or other paid visual ads), social media, and paid search (such as Google AdWords) to measure impact on conversion rates on your landing page.
- When you have sufficient data, introduce a slightly modified version of the page for A/B testing. Testing should always be ongoing to gain insights and continuously find ways to improve your conversion rates of users taking the action you desire.